With 4 years of feedback and usage data, we now have the most accurately graded questions for the Irish curriculum. Questions have been added to cover more difficulty levels, giving a more balanced progression within each concept.
- Re-grading of questions
- Corrections based on feedback
- Newly authored questions
Re-grading of questions
One of the most appreciated aspects of BuildUp is the adjustment of the questions difficulty to the level of the student. By analysing 4 years of data on student responses, we have been able to regrade each question to a much more precise level of difficulty. This makes the sequencing for each student more effective, reducing learner frustration and increasing learning effectiveness.
Corrections based on feedback
Within each question, there is an option to "Help improve this question". As both students and teachers have provided feedback, we have completed the review and update of question errors based on this feedback.
Newly authored questions
The following topics have recently received special attention from us, with refinement made to the layout, equation clarity and question wording. Further topics will be updated continually.
- Set Operations and Properties - Two Sets
- Highest Common Factor
- Simplifying Expressions - Adding Like Terms
- Factors and Multiples
- Likelihood Scale and Introduction to Probability
- Introduction to Sets, Subsets, Null Set and Venn Diagrams
- Problems Involving Two Sets
- Substituting Values into an Expression
- Expressions - Multiplying Terms
- Introductions to Linear Equations
- Addition and Subtraction of Integers
- Expressions - Multiplying into a Bracket
- Expressions - Multiplying Bracket by Bracket
- Order of Operations
- Solving Simultaneous Linear Equations
- Adding Algebraic Fractions - Constants as Demoninators
- Systematic Listing and the Fundamental Principle of Counting
- The Number Line
- Multiplication and Division of Integers